Real wood blinds are a stylish way to control the amount of light and privacy that a room has. Not only can they enhance a rooms interior, but they are also sturdy and resilient. Furthermore, they are easy to clean, they are made from natural materials, and they come in a variety of colors and styles to suit your decorating needs.
What types of wooden blinds are available?
- Venetian blinds: Also known as horizontal blinds, these window treatments have horizontal boards that allow you to pivot. You can control the amount of light coming through the glass by changing the slats so that they are angled up or down.
- Vertical blinds: These wood blinds are similar to Venetian blinds with the exception that the blinds are hung in a horizontal fashion. They are more commonly installed on glass doors to control the amount of sunlight and privacy.
- Roller shades: These window treatments, which are commonly made out of bamboo or woven wood materials, roll up to let light in and unroll to increase privacy. Roller shades are also known as Pinoleum blinds.
What considerations should you make when choosing wood blinds?
- Materials: Although many types of wooden blinds come in their natural shades, you can find custom colors or bright colors, too. Choose window blinds that will complement your dÃ©cor.
- Faux wood blinds: These window blinds are a good option for bathrooms or other high-humidity areas. Using faux wood blinds for high-humidity areas prevents damage.
- Slat width: Wood blinds come with a variety of slat sizes. Wider slats generally offer privacy, and narrow wood boards offer interesting design options for larger windows.
- Slat direction: Horizontal wood blinds are generally recommended for regular windows while vertical wood blinds are generally used on sliding glass doors. Roller shades are another option if you like the u001aroll upu001a design.
- Opening mechanism: Many vertical and horizontal wood blinds use cords to manipulate the slats. However, there are some cordless options available. Cordless wood blinds or shades may be preferred for those who have small children or pets.
How do you measure for wood blinds?
- Blinds mounted on the inside: The exact length of the window should be measured three times: at the top, in the middle, and at the bottom. The height should also be measured three times: the left side, the middle, and the right side. The narrowest width and the longest height should be used.
- Blinds mounted on the outside: The width and height of the window should be measured. About 1.5 to 3 inches should be added to the top, sides, and bottom of the space to provide overlap and add privacy.