Finding the Right Casual Hat
Accessories are key to completing your outfit. It's not just a hat; it's an extension of your personality and the "look" you are trying to achieve with your clothing choices. Picking the right is as easy as figuring out which style looks good with your outfit and which looks ideal on you. A Tommy Hilfiger logo cap looks great paired with the brand's shirts and pants.
What Are the Different Styles of Hats Available?
- Baseball Cap - Known for its front-facing brim and panel construction, a ball cap keeps the sun out of your eyes while wearing it. Plus, it's an ideal style for promoting a company's or favorite sports team logo.
- Beanie - Keep your head warm and your hair out of your face with a beanie. Choose a classic pom-pom style or pick one that is close fitting.
- Skullcap - a skullcap is a type of beanie that fits snuggly to your head. It's similar to wearing a bandana on the top of your head that you tie in the back.
- Bucket - Picture a fisherman wearing a cap with a wide, downward-sloping brim, and you will picture a bucket hat. Summer styles feature vent holes to allow for air to circulate.
- Visor - a visor is a fabulous option if you don't mind the top of your head receiving sun. Since there is no crown, it's ideal for travel. It is easy to pack, doesn't take up much space, and it won't get smashed in a suitcase or bag.
What Are the Adjustment Types Available on Hats?
- Fitted - To wear a fitted hat you will need to know the circumference of your head to get an accurate fit.
- Snapback - Typically found on baseball and trucker styles, snapbacks use a plastic snap to adjust the diameter of the cap.
- Strapback - Similar to a snapback, a strapback uses an adjustable band to fit the head diameter.
- Stretch Fit - One size fits most is the idea of a stretch fit cap. The band around the hat stretches to adjust to fit your head.
What Are the Different Types of Hat Materials?
- Cotton - a soft fabric, cotton goes into just about every style of hat on the market. One reason it is so popular is that it cleans up well.
- Nylon - Used most commonly to make up the mesh backs of trucker hats, nylon uses synthetic polymers.
- Polyester - Found in the brims, mesh, and linings of hats, polyester is also known as standard polyethylene terephthalate.
- Wool - Made from the hair of sheep, wool is flexible and incredibly soft. Crocheted or knitted beanies not only keep you warm but can uniquely use a mixture of different colors and patterns.
For more information on sizing and measurements, see manufacturer site for details.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Tommy Hilfiger.