Taillights for Scion tC
Protect your position on the road by ensuring that your tail lights are working properly. The tail lights on your Scion tC serve the critical function of showing other drivers where you are on the road, but with so many different options, they can also showcase your unique preferences as a driver.What are the benefits of LED tail lights?
LED lighting is an innovative, efficient technology. Not only do LED light bulbs, called diodes, take up a tiny amount of space, but they also require only a small amount of power while in operation. To top it off, each LED diode is rated to last 50,000 hours, or over 5.7 years of nonstop use.How do you install a new taillight assembly?
Replacing the taillight assembly in your Scion is a simple process that should take less than an hour to complete. Be advised that this process will involve removing the rear bumper. The following instructions are for a single assembly replacement. Repeat the instructions for the other side.
- Release the bumper by opening the rear hatch and removing the screw in the hatch opening, the bolt in the wheel well, and the push fastener at the bottom of the bumper.
- Open the taillight access panel, and disconnect the electrical harness from the assembly.
- Remove the mounting bolts, and remove the old assembly from the Scion tC.
- Pull back on the bumper, and insert the new assembly into the cavity.
- Reinsert the bolts, connect the electrical harness, replace the access panel, and reconnect the bumper to complete assembly.
You can take a more subdued approach to road safety with smoked tail lights for your vehicle. These stealthy and street-legal upgrades to your Scion’s aesthetic serve the same vital function as traditional tail lights but with a covert twist: smoked tail lights appear darker to other drivers even though they shine just as bright.How do you replace the third brake light?
The third brake light is an essential component of your Scion tC that indicates your position to other drivers even when they can’t see your other brake indicators. Replacing this part on your car is simple and should take around 15 minutes:
- Remove the plastic cover from the third brake light assembly.
- Remove the connecting bolts underneath the cover with a socket wrench.
- Disconnect the wiring harness, and remove the old assembly.
- Position the new light assembly into place, and reconnect the wiring harness.
- Reinstall the bolts, and replace the plastic cover to complete installation.