Dodge Ram 2500 Taillights
Defend your position on the road and clearly declare the presence of your Ram to other drivers with these taillights for the Dodge Ram 2500. With a variety of options to choose from, selecting replacement or upgrading taillights for your truck can be much more than just a routine task. Sift through this comprehensive collection of taillights to find the stop indicators that perfectly accentuate the raw power of your Dodge Ram.What types of Dodge Ram 2500 taillights are there?
The two contenders for great illumination technology for Ram taillights are incandescent bulbs and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Incandescent bulbs make use of a conventional glass housing to contain a metallic filament. When the filament is electrified, it produces a powerful beam of light. These types of bulbs are considered the gold standard when it comes to taillight illuminators and last between 1,000 and 2,000 hours. LEDs are comprised of a variety of semiconductor materials and are incredibly small. These futuristic lights use up a minuscule amount of electricity and are rated to last 50,000 hours, which is equivalent to 5.7 years of continuous use.How do you install Dodge Ram 2500 taillights?
To replace a cracked lens in a taillight or to upgrade to LED taillights on your Dodge, it is often necessary to replace the entire taillight assembly. Whatever the reason, it is recommended that both taillights be replaced at the same time. Replacing these parts is easy, and the process takes about an hour to complete for both assemblies. Follow these straightforward instructions to remove the old assemblies and to get started with replacements:
- Turn off the engine and open the tailgate. Pick a side to start with.
- Remove the two bolts holding the taillight assembly in place with a socket wrench. Gently wiggle the assembly free from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the electrical harness from the back of the assembly. Discard the old assembly, and position the new taillight into place.
- Connect the electrical harness, and push the new assembly into the vehicle. Connect the two bolts to complete installation.
- Repeat these steps for the opposite side, and start the engine to test your taillights.
Required by law in North America, the third brake light on your Dodge Ram serves the critical purpose of letting other drivers in tall vehicles like semi-trucks know that you are slowing down even if your taillights are obscured. Replacing this vital component is simple, takes about 30 minutes, and only requires a screwdriver. Follow these steps:
- Turn off the engine, and climb into the bed of your Ram 2500.
- Locate and remove the two screws holding the third brake light assembly in place.
- Pull the assembly away from the vehicle, and disengage the electrical connector.
- Discard the old assembly, and position the replacement. Engage the electrical connector.
- Push the new assembly into the cavity, and insert the screws to complete installation.