Quad Core LGA 1155 Computer Processor
Multi-core units such as the quad-core variety are engineered to contain more than one processor per silicon chip, which will enable the computer to perform more tasks at a faster pace. LGA 1155, otherwise known as Socket H2, is a socket designed to be used for Intel microprocessors.Where are these quad-core processing chips made?
These pieces are typically made in Costa Rica or Malaysia. The country of manufacture will be stamped on the item.What are features of an LGA 1155 quad core processor?
A typical Xeon quad core includes the following features:
- Performance: These processors have a bus speed of 5 GT/s DMI. This type will contain four cores and eight threads. The base frequency of the processor is 2.40 GHz, and the max is 3.30 GHz. Thermal design power is 45 W.
- Memory: This unit has two memory channels. Memory type is DDR3 1066/1333. Maximum memory available is 32 GB, and maximum memory bandwidth is 21 GB/s.
- Graphics: The graphics are designed for Intel HD Graphics 2000. The graphics base frequency is 650 MHz, and the max is 1.25 GHz. Intel Quick Sync video, InTru 3D, Flexible Display, and HD technology are all supported. Up to two displays can be accommodated.
- Expansion: PCI Express Revision 2.0 is supported. The maximum number of PCI express lanes is 20.
- Security: This chip can execute disable bit. It is equipped with Intel Trusted Execution Technology.
A number of Intel CPUs will fit this socket. These include:
- Intel Core i7-2600: This is a 3.40 GHz quad-core CPU. One application for this processor is low-power machines used at workstations.
- Intel E3-1260L: This is a 2.40 GHz quad-core processor. These Xeon processors are great for servers and low-power workstations.
- Intel Core i5-3470: This is a 3.2 GHz quad-core CPU. The graphics capability on this processor is suitable for non-gaming applications.
- Intel Core i7-3770: This 3.4 GHz processor is a good choice for anyone who plays graphics-rich video games.
Only certain CPUs and GPUs have been designed to work with your computers hardware. These quad core Intel units are meant to fit a particular socket called LGA 1155, or Socket H2. Make sure to research the type of motherboard you have. Confirm the item is compatible with your computer before finalizing a purchase.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Intel.