Options in Philips TVs with 40-49-inch Screens
Many people enjoy watching shows and movies on a large 40-49-inch screen from the comfort of their couch, because you can kind of pretend you're in the cinema with a screen that big, and all you're missing is the popcorn. Smart TVs are common in households. Philips has a variety of TVs available in the 40-49-inch size range.What types of TVs are available?
With so many types, it can be confusing. Some TVs can fall under more than one category as well. Most TVs on the market are flat-screen televisions, characterized by a flat, thin design. Their depth is around 3.2 inches. Other types of televisions that fall under this category include:
- HD: High-definition TVs broadcast video digitally and have a resolution of 720p to 1080p.
- 4K: 4K devices have 3840 by 2160 resolution.
- Smart: Enables you to connect to the internet through built-in Wi-Fi or an Ethernet port. Most models come with both options. You can watch shows or other video content from sites like Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu. Some options have web browsers and cameras for video chat.
- HDR: Don't mistake this one with HD. HDR stands for High Range Dynamic, which is a technique in photography that increases the contrast between black and white.
Philips televisions are available with many different features, such as 3D surround sound, wireless screencasting, and social networking technology capabilities. 3D sound technology attempts to make sound feel like it's coming from multiple directions rather than just one. You may hear sound from behind you, below, or above while watching a video with 3D surround sound. With wireless screencasting, you connect your TV with your smartphone to display images and video from the phone onto the television. Other devices you can do this with are laptops and tablets. Some TVs have a touchscreen display, another feature you may be interested in. The Philips TT Series Edge-Lit LED is an example of a model that has a touchscreen display.What are the common specs you'll find?
In Philips 40-49-inch TVs, common specs you'll find are:
- LED backlight
- 1920 by 1080 - 3840 by 2160 resolution
- 6.50 ms response time
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- 178 degrees horizontal viewing angle
- Two to four HDMI outputs
- 60-120 Hz refresh rate
Minimize overwhelm by knowing how to narrow down your options based on what you need. You already know that you want a 40-49-inch display, so the next aspect to determine is whether you want HDR, 4K, or HD. Count how many HDMI outputs you need as well based on the devices you will hook up to the TV. Also, have a basic understanding of what each spec means, such as refresh rate, aspect ratio, and contrast ratio.