Parker Brothers Transformers Games
The Transformers series of toys, television shows, and movies has been in the marketplace since its introduction in 1984. The series is regularly refreshed by reboots and development of new characters, allowing Parker Brothers to release many game sets based on the reboots. Each set comes in a colorful box with pictures of the figures inside.What are the Parker Brothers games?
Parkers Brothers was one of the many game manufacturers in America. They had produced over 1800 games at their peak. Along with Transformers board games, the company was known for games such as Monopoly, Clue, Trivial Pursuit, Risk, and Sorry. The company was bought by Hasbro in 1991. Games produced by Parker Brothers may include the name Hasbro Gaming on the box.What are some Transformers board games that Parker Brothers produces?
These are produced by Parker Brothers and their parent company, Hasbro:
- Transformers Monopoly - A limited and complete collectible version of Monopoly licensed by Parker Brothers with special rules, cards, and tokens.
- The Transformers Monopoly Family Game - A simplified and quicker version of Monopoly. The tokens include characters such as Optimus Prime, Jazz, Grimlock, Megatron, Starscream, and Ravage.
- Risk Transformers: Cybertron Battle Edition - This adapts the classic Risk platform using Transformers characters. This version of Risk can incorporate advanced strategies in its gameplay.
- Risk Transformers: The Decepticon Invasion of Earth - This edition by Parker Brothers updates the Cybertron Battle Edition by adding new figures and plot lines.
- Transformers Chess - Features unique figures from the series. Pewter-like Autobot figures include Jazz, Ironhide, Bumblebee, and Ratchet while Decepticon figures include Starscream, Blackout, and Bonecrusher.
- Stratego Transformers Edition - Published in 2002, this set is based on the series and uses strategic thinking in the game.
- Transformers Armada: Battle for Cybertron - Based on the Armada series, the object is to win battles with miniature figures.
Vintage Parker Brothers board games to choose from include:
- The Transformers Game - This vintage board game was published in 1986 and is a racing game where the object is to move three of the player’s pieces to the finish first. The game figures transform into spaceships, airplanes, and robots. The Transformers on the cards are Motormaster, Silverbolt, Cyclonus, Defensor, and Galvatron.
- Transformers Adventure Game: Defeat the Decepticons - The first Transformers board game, this vintage set was published in 1984. Figures included in the box are Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Brawn, Cliffjumper, Gears, Huffer, and Windcharger.