Motocross & Off-Road Boots
Motocross and other offroad boots increase bike rider safety, making them one of the most critical pieces of gear for racing. Motocross boots provide ankle support and protection for the toes, feet, and shins. Find just the right pair for racing and offroad wear with all the top brands, including Fox, Sidi, Alpinestars, Gaerne, O’Neal, and more.How are motocross boots and motorcycle boots different?
Although both types of boots offer riders some protection, racing and all-terrain riding require more serious protection than does casual motorcycle riding. Boots designed for motocross and off-road riding have:
- Increased protection: They have additional padding and specialized shielding to protect your feet and shins while racing and dirt bike riding.
- Greater coverage: They are also taller than regular motorcycle boots and may include built-in knee pads and shin and foot protectors.
Picking the perfect pair of boots can be a simple process. You want to consider your how the boots look and which brand you prefer, but there are other factors that are even more important. Before deciding on a new pair of boots, you need to consider the following:
- Safety: Look for a pair with secure buckles and straps, appropriate padding for your purposes, and reinforced padding or armor for your feet and shins.
- Fit: You should look for a pair with a snug fit that securely supports your ankles. Options with adjustable straps allow for a more customized fit.
- Comfort: It’s best to look for a pair with a comfortable fit and a sole you can walk in. A breathable fabric is also helpful if you frequently ride in hot weather.
- Special features: Depending on your needs, you may want to look for a pair with particular special features like waterproofing, reinforced shifting padding, or greater coverage.
Boot size for this footgear may vary slightly by brand but should be in line with your regular shoe size. Many brands offer a sizing guide for your convenience. Most boots are available in men’s, women’s, and youths or children’s sizes. Women’s boot sizes are approximately 1-1/2 sizes smaller than men’s. Youths and children sizes are often unisex. If you are uncertain about fit, it is better to order a half size larger. This will allow you to wear thicker socks for additional padding.