What Should I Look for in a TV?
If you're looking for a newer television or even just your first TV, then there are a few things you should consider. Shopping for a tv is not as easy as walking in and picking the one with the clearest picture. There are other factors to think about when you're looking for a new television.
What are Some Things to Look Out For When Buying a TV?
Here are a few tips to think about when you're looking for a new tv.
- Most new TVs are "smart TVs," or TVs that are able to connect to the internet and stream services like Netflix, Amazon and Hulu. If someone tries to tell you that you should be paying more for "smart tv" features like it's a rare thing, don't be fooled. It's a common feature for TVs.
- The more HDMI inputs a television has, the more extras you can add to your TV. This is important if you spend a lot of time gaming and will need several HDMI inputs.
- LCD televisions like the Insignia 1080p are flat-screen TVs that use light crystals to deliver a clear picture.
- Curved screens don't deliver much better viewing angles or display than a normal flat screen TV like the Insignia.
- Look for TVs with a high picture refresh rate (described in Hz). Most standard televisions have a refresh rate of 60 Hz. But in a scene with rapidly moving objects or if you're playing a fast-paced game, you'll want something with a higher Hz.
- You'll want to purchase a soundbar with your flat screen TV to deliver a better sound. This will likely take up at least one HDMI.
How Much Space Do You Have for the TV?
When you're thinking about what size HDTV you should buy, consider these tips.
- Obviously, you'll need to know how much room you have on your wall for a flat screen television.
- Measure how much room you need then look for a TV with the right inch measurement.
- Consider how much room you'll have underneath the TV for things like your HDMI cables and your soundbar.
- The other factor for picking the size of a TV is how close you'll be to the screen. If you can see individual pixels, you're too close or your TV is too big.
Is an Insignia 1080p TV Good for Games and Movies?
Is the Insignia 1080p TV good for movies and games?
- The Insignia 1080p is an HDTV that offers high-speed HDMI.
- It's compatible with Blu-Ray and is great for gaming as well as other HD content.