Nissan Quest Headlights
When you drive your Nissan Quest at night, you rely on your headlights to light the way. While they play a major functional role, they can also have an impact on the look of the front end of your Nissan. If you decide to change them out or replace them, you have a wide variety of options to choose from.What are the benefits of LED headlights?
There are four main reasons you may want to consider installing LED headlights on your model Nissan Quest:
- Efficiency: LED headlights have an average life span of about 30,000 hours. Incandescent bulbs, which were traditionally used for headlights, only have an average life span of about 1,000 hours. Using LEDs means you do not have to replace them as often.
- Lighting quality: LED lights cast a brighter light that illuminates more of the road ahead than traditional headlights.
- Durability: It has already been noted that LEDs have a long life span. However, the bulbs themselves are also more durable than incandescent bulbs. This means they are less likely to fail when you need them most.
- Appearance: For those who wish to modify their cargo minivans, LED headlights have a unique appearance. They can make the front end of your Quest look more impressive while giving it more lighting power.
There are two main reasons you may want to consider having OEM headlights installed. These reasons include the following:
- Compatibility: Because OEM headlights were made using the Nissan Quest specifications provided by the vehicle manufacturer, you know that the headlights will fit properly. The wiring will also be compatible with the replacement headlight.
- Durability and quality: OEM manufacturers are required to maintain the quality standards of the original part. When purchasing an OEM headlight, you know that the part is made from high-quality materials that were approved by Nissan as the manufacturer. This also means that they should perform as well as the originals did.
There are three benefits to choosing aftermarket headlights for your Nissan minivan:
- Same supplier: In some cases, the supplier that manufactured an OEM part may make adjustments or tweaks to other headlights. Although these headlights may be then considered aftermarket due to the slight changes that were made, the quality may be similar to that of an OEM part.
- Appearance: If you are looking for a way to give your vehicle a unique look, changing out the headlights is a quick way to accomplish this. Some aftermarket headlights have unique housing assembly shapes and different finishes that can really make your Quest feel like your own.
- Improved lighting: In some cases, your Nissan may have come with the traditional incandescent lighting. If you have trouble seeing at night, you may want to upgrade to xenon lights or LEDs. These headlights may not be available as OEM parts.