Dog Doors and Flaps
Quality pet doors and flaps give your pet more freedom without having to sacrifice on safety. With features like selective entry and timed locking, youll stay in control of which animals can come and go. With a variety of sizes and designs, youll have no problem finding the appropriate dog door or flap for your pet.Why should you get a dog door?
A pet door gives your pet - whether it be a cat or dog - the freedom to go outside and come back in at will. While your furry friend will be happy to have some privacy for potty time or just to explore, youll also enjoy not having to constantly monitor your pet.Can any animal access your pet door?
One common concern regarding dog doors is that other animals will have access to your home. The last thing you want is wild animals - like raccoons, possums, etc. - getting into your home. However, certain pet doors include features that prevent critters from getting inside. Selective entry doors search for a key that can be attached to your pets collar. When the key is detected, the door will unlock, allowing your cat or dog inside. Other pet doors have pre-set locks where you can set specific times for the door to remain unlocked.Where can you install a pet door?
You can install a pet door in almost any wall or door in your home, including glass doors, sliding doors, patio doors, etc. Where you want to install your door may determine which type of dog door you will need. Once you decide where you want to install the door, youll be able to figure out what type of dog door youll need. Doors for dogs come in different materials, from aluminum to plastic and glass.How do you install a dog door?
Pet door installation is a simple task that almost anyone can do:
- Step one: Decide where you want to place the dog door. Both doors and walls are viable options, including sliding glass doors.
- Step two: If you choose to install within a door, remove it from the hinges and place on a flat surface.
- Step three: Cut out a template of your pet door. Trace the outline of your template onto your chosen surface.
- Step four: Drill holes inside the corners. Starting at the corners, use a jigsaw to cut out the hole. Make sure to follow the lines.
- Step five: Place the frame within the hole to check the fit. If correct, screw the interior and exterior frames together.
Because pet doors are so common, there are a variety of designs and sizes available for purchase. Whether you have a small cat or a large dog, youll be sure to find a flap or door your pet can easily enter and exit through. Always make sure to check the size measurements of a dog door before purchase.