Live Christmas Tree Stands
When you have a live tree, it’s important to get a Christmas tree stand that works well for your home. A stand will help keep your Christmas tree in place so Santa has somewhere to leave his gifts. Various stands are available for you to purchase.What is a Christmas tree stand?
A Christmas tree is cut down and then placed into a Christmas tree stand. From there, it’s possible to focus on decoration. Water needs to go into the stand so that the tree stays healthy for the entire holiday season.
- Hold the tree upright - The tree stand is designed to keep the Christmas tree standing upright throughout the month of December. A tree is heavy, so you don’t want to risk it tipping over.
- Store water - The tree needs water on a regular basis. Many stands have a reservoir that can hold up to a gallon of water.
- Provide decor - A Christmas tree stand can provide decoration, especially if you get a rotating one or one that is green or otherwise decorated.
Holding the tree up can be a challenge. This is why it’s important to know how a tree stand works.
- Brackets - Brackets will often be in place on the stand. They will need to be tightened against the trunk of the Christmas tree.
- Swivel design - Many stands have a swivel operation. This will make it possible to adjust the tree so that it stands straight. It also makes it easier for you to rotate the tree so that the best face is showing in the living room.
When you’re in the market for a Christmas tree stand, it’s important to find the one that works best for the holiday. In many instances, the stand for a tree is reusable year after year. It’s just a matter of taking the time to look at a Christmas tree stand you will like inside your home to keep the tree standing up. Consider the following factors:
- Color - A stand could be green or come in other holiday colors. Determine if the tree skirt will hide the base, too.
- Unique features - There are a lot of great features for a stand to hold your tree. Revolving stands, stands with a foot pedal for easy fastening, pre-decorated stands, and more are available.
- Material - Choose from metal, steel, and plastic stands.
- Ornament style - A stand that corresponds with your ornaments will tie the holiday scene together.
- Reservoir size - A sizeable reservoir for water will help prevent the tree from drying out too soon and keep you from having to constantly refill it or pick up needles throughout the holiday season.