Canister Vacuum Cleaners
Canister vacuum cleaners offer their own unique advantages and disadvantages when tackling messes throughout a house. Often, the choice of which cleaner to purchase comes down to the specific kinds of messes that are typical in your household, how large your house is, and how often you are able to commit to cleaning. These flexible vacuum cleaners can be bagged or bagless and allow you to clean a variety of areas around the home.What are the advantages of a canister model?
Canister models have a number of positive attributes when it comes to cleaning most home types. Below are some of those positives.
- Increased mobility: Canister vacuums provide a much wider range of movement than other models. Because of the lack of a large upright vacuum body in front of you, this compact model is able to clean hard-to-reach areas in your home, such as stairs, under furniture and appliances, and high locations like draperies and ceiling beams, while also making it easier to avoid running over your power cord.
- Quieter: These models are typically quieter than other units. This is beneficial if you live in an apartment, have a pet who is frightened of loud noises, have other people in the household and you like to clean late at night, or if you just prefer less noise.
- Lightweight: Canister vacuums are generally easier to carry due to their lightweight design. This is especially handy when you own very thick carpets or have a house with multiple levels.
- Strong engines: Because these models have no limit to how large the engine can be, they tend to be more powerful suction machines. As a result, they can clean much faster as well.
- Added accessories: These usually come with a much wider array of accessories, like crevice tools and brushes, which can help make cleaning more efficient and aid in accessing a variety of hard-to-reach places.
Canister vacuums can use a relatively wide variety of accessories and attachments that can greatly increase the cleaning capabilities of your vacuum, helping you reach even more difficult areas and pick up a greater range of messes. Some of the useful accessories you can buy include the following:
- Hardwood floor tool: These tools provide for maximum suction power to ensure dust and small particles get removed from uncarpeted hard floors.
- Hose extensions: These help you clean larger areas without having to move the canister. They are helpful for rooms with high ceilings or large great rooms.
- Brittle brush attachment: These attachments are designed specifically to trap and guide dust and extremely tiny particles into the vacuum hose.
- Gulper floor tool: These vacuum cleaner attachments have a wider head and maximize suction power to clean larger areas of bare floors faster.
- Pet hair attachment: These tools have specialized bristles meant to pull pet hair up from upholstery and carpets, then guide the hair into the hose. They also work to trap more pet dander, which helps in removing allergens.
The following popular brands all have canister vacuums among their product offerings: