Black Heels for Women
Black heels for women add height as well as style. You can find an array of different shoes to suit your style and various outfits. Regardless of the occasion you might be wearing the heels, its important to know the options available to you.What is the heel height available in shoes?
Many women hear the word heels and instantly think about stilettos. However, heeled shoes are simply anything higher than a flat. You will want to choose a height that you are comfortable walking in. A wedge or platform heel can also be easier as the heel is not as thin.
- Low: 3/4 inch to 1 1/2 inch
- Medium: 1 3/4 inch to 2 3/4 inch
- High: 3 inch to 4 1/2 inch
- Very High: 4.5 inch and higher
The heels you wear will depend on the occasion as well as what youre wearing with the shoes. Knowing how the shoe fits your foot, such as the use of a peep-toe or an ankle strap, is important. Some fit more like sandals while others are a pump.
- Mary Jane: This style has a closed-toe and an ankle strap.
- Pump: There is no strap involved with a pump.
- Open/Peep Toe: The toes are exposed, though a peep-toe only shows off a small part.
- Strappy: These heels are generally open toe and have a lot of straps going on.
- Wedge: Wedges involve a thicker heel to make it easier to walk. They are often sandals.
As you shop for shoes, you have to look at what material the heels are made of. It will make it easier to decide what you can wear them with, such as a formal dress. Further, certain materials are easier to clean off than others, which should be a top consideration.
Once you decide you want to wear heels, you need to look at a few features. It will make it easier for you to decide on the heels that will look suitable on you.
- Style: Review the different styles to determine if you want your toes exposed and if you want straps around the ankle.
- Brand: Various brands such as Madden, dOrsay, and Louboutin are popular shoe designers.
- Size: Determine what size you need in US womens shoes.